One of the perks of working at a place like Lavonne is that we’re always surrounded by scrumptious food, delightful aromas, and of course fun and creative people. And while you would think our chefs and their kitchen staff are the only pastry pros in the house, you would be surprised to know that every now and then, our non-kitchen staff too cook up a storm!
With mangoes making a bold appearance this summer, we thought it apt to have one of our other staff hand out a recipe to our followers.
Asim is our store in-charge and takes care of the baking supplies unit at Lavonne. He occasionally makes coffees at our patisserie. Here is his signature Mango and Blueberry Smoothie recipe.
Mango and Blueberry Smoothie
Fresh Mangoes – 1 Cup
White Chocolate – 60gm
Milk – 1 Cup
Yoghurt – ½ Cup
Ice Cubes – 5 – 6 Cubes
Egg White – 75gm
Castor Sugar – 150 gm
Water – 30 ml
Vanilla Powder – 3gm
- Warm the milk and dissolve the white chocolate in it. Allow it to cool.
- Blend the milk, yoghurt, mangoes and ice cubes to form a smooth concoction.
- Prepare an Italian meringue by cooking the sugar and water to 118 degree Celsius and add to the egg whites using a hand blender with whisk attachment. Mix in the Vanilla. Beat until peaks are formed.
- Assemble the smoothie by pouring the drink in a tall glass and layer it with the meringue and blueberries.
- To finish off the drink, add in some more meringue, sprinkle some toasted almond flakes, fresh blueberries, and torch the meringue, Garnish with a slice of mango and sprig of mint.
- This is as much a dessert as it is a drink so one would require a spoon as well as a straw.
- The meringue adds lightness and sweetens the drink as there is no other added sugar.